Friday, June 20, 2008

Fuel Price Hike Lesson

The fuel price hike has indeed taught me to be a better person. *WHAT*

I've learned to be more economical. I've learned not to waste. I've learned how to save more.

Previously i took for granted because i drive a diesel car. Although it doesn't consume as much as petrol, but the price was much cheaper than petrol. But now with the increase of RM 1 and just slightly RM 0.12 cheaper than petrol, i can't help but to save it.

Every bad thing can happen for a good reason. At least the fuel price hike has taught me something new, something that makes me better.

However, although i agree that the move to increase the fuel price is right, but i feel the timing is wrong. We're only a developing country. Our standard of living cannot match up to the cost of living now. Salaries are still considered quite low in Malaysia. Income per capita isn't that high either.

People are feeling the pain because some people can barely afford themselves, but the fuel price hike will add salt to their wound.

Like i said previously, it doesn't matter if fuel price had to be increased, but to the extent of RM 2.70 is too much.

No comments: