Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time to Bond

Chinese New Year is a great time to celebrate reunions and spend time with relatives, especially those that we don't see often during the year.

When i was younger i loved CNY for the sake of play-time and fire crackers. But as i grow older i see beyond those : relationship bonding.

On the first day of CNY, my mom and i traveled down south to Muar, Johor to meet up with my grandma and relatives. I started the journey at around 11.15am. After one and a half hours....


If you can see, we haven't passed KLIA!!! What was supposed to be a 15-minute drive along the PLUS highway was 1 and a half hours for me! Such terrible jam. And after two hours....


With the 2-hour journey i could have reached Muar. But it took me 2 hours just to get to Seremban, not even half the journey. So the whole journey took me 4 hours. My butt and my whole body was so pain. You try it next time if you drive 4 hours non-stop. LoL

CNY was well spent with my family and relatives. Here are some of the pictures taken.

My cousins : a few not in the picture, and a few more have come to this earth.


This is 2 years old. Naughty, but very cute.


This is 5 months old. You can't stop carrying him, or he cries. LoL


A few of Grandma's wonderful grandchildren.


Especially this one. *wink*


Me with Fann Wong, the Singaporean artiste and model. Nah, she's just my cousin. haha


You're always inspired to eat when you're with my uncles. See their sizes, and how they eat roasted pork, especially the one at the right. They are my eating kaki's.

I can say my CNY was well spent, except that the first night my cousins and i went to CC to play CS. But i still cherished every moment spent with my relatives, especially my Singapore cousins (the girls that you saw in the pics, except "Fann Wong"). They've grown so much prettier than the last time i saw them, which was 2 years ago. haha.

CNY is a great time for relationship bonding and creating new relationships. I look forward to the next CNY, i really do.

No comments: