Sunday, June 24, 2007

In God I Trust

If you had The Star newspaper dated 23rd June 2007, turn to the BizWeek section and you'll find the title What Dad Taught Me. It talks about how these different great businessmen have their dads as personal mentors who would teach them about the business world. It's really a great blessing to have a father who can teach his children about business skills.

Among them is my role model Tan Sri Francis Yeoh. He has a dad who could teach him about business, while he himself is also a dad teaching his daughter about business with addition to his own business experience.

It occured to me. I don't have a father who can teach me about business. I don't have a father who can talk to me and influence me in the business world. Because my dad is not a businessman, and thus have very little or no knowledge about business. None of my ancestors was businessman. So how in the world did i get this passion about business?

It occured to me again. My passion for business did not come because i wanted to be rich. My passion for business did not come because i wanted to. My passion came to me as a result of God's gift of giving towards me. God was the one who put this passion within me. Mainly because God has given me the desire to finance God's work and to play a big monetary role in the establishment of God's kingdom in the future.

So do i have a father who can teach me about business? Do i have a father who can influence me in business? The answer is NO!

But i was reminded again that, God was the one who has given me this passion. God was the one who put within me the desire in business in order to finance God's great work in this world. Therefore, do i have a father who is expert in business? Now my answer is YES! My Heavenly Father is the one who will teach me and influence me in business, because He was the one who gave me this passion, and He should be responsible for my path and equip me with knowledge. This is a great challenge for me. But i should be even blessed because eventhough i have no earthly father who will influence me with business skills, but i have a Heavenly Father who will be my personal mentor.

So, In God I Trust.

No comments: